Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

GRANNY ABANDONS BABY ON THE HIGHWAY




A Sacramento woman accused of abandoning her 1-month-old grandson near a freeway on ramp has given a jailhouse interview denying wrongdoing.

Kit Samuel is due in court Tuesday to face charges of child endangerment and public intoxication after being arrested by Sacramento County sheriff’s deputies Friday.
Samuel said she had been evicted from Motel 6 and so carried her grandson across Watt Avenue and left him near an onramp to Interstate 80 to go back for her belongings.
“I will plead not guilty,” Samuel said. “I did not endanger my grandson. I love my grandkids.”
Saying she was no more than 500 feet from the child at any time, Samuel accused deputies of overreacting. But deputies said leaving a child that young alone for any period of time is dangerous.
Samuel also said she was not drunk at the time of the arrest.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment